Hi,
I am a student at the University of Florida working on my Masters Degree in Educational Technology. I am also a teacher in a multi-age K,1,2 classroom
I have an interest as to the best way to use interactive white boards in the classroom to help beginning readers. I am interested in using the board in an interactive way. Not only do I want to use the board with the students, I want the students to be able to use the board independently at center time. I'm not looking for just game activities but as to whether the use of the board can make a difference in reading skills, fluency, and comprehension. I also know that my students enjoy using the board and need little motivation but I do not have any data as to whether the board has had any effect. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can give me some research as well as experiences they have had. I'm also looking for white board activities that would help with this issue.
Sue
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sue,
I think you will really enjoy this topic, and I hope to learn a lot from your work. I have a SmartBoard in my room that I need to use more. On a different note, came across this blog post from someone I follow. Thought you might want to take a look.
http://misterteacher.blogspot.com/2008/03/
how-smartboard-has-changed-my-teaching.html
Anna
I've only read about SmartBoards and while I could think of the basic uses, I never even considered the things you mentioned. I have a feeling that after reading a few of your posts I'm going to be really wanting one of these in my classroom. Anything that can be used to increase reading fluency and comprehension is great, especially for my students (and really, all students). I'm looking forward to reading all about this topic!
Emily
Sue,
I hope you don't mind that I "stole" your topic after reading your intro. I have just had the hardest time coming up with what type of technology I wanted to research. When I read your first post, a huge bright shining lightbulb went off in my head, "duh you dummy!" I'm going to try to find ways in which the white board can be used to support inquiry based learning but I'm sure we'll have articles to help each other out. And, as I said in my blog, I promise not to steal your articles! (like the one Anna posted for you :)
Jessica
Post a Comment