Sunday, March 16, 2008

Great Site for Interactive Whiteboard Ideas

Retrieved 3-16-08
From the FDLRS, Interactive Whiteboards in the Classroom
www.fsdb.k12.fl.us/rmc/tutorials/whiteboards.html, last updated 2-27-08

First, I want to let you know that I will be using IWB to mean interactive white board in my blog posts from now on. Hopefully save some time.
I think I've found a site I will be using in my classroom this week. while it doesn't contain much research, there is a lot of information that anyone using an IWB could use. The site is sponsored by the Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System (FDLRS) and is updated regularly. Some of the features of on this site include:
A list of ways to use IWBs in the classroom from the Instructional Technology Department of the Wichita Public Schools. A new one for me is to end each day by having students write down one thing they have learned. I also like writing a class book and narrating it with the audio feature.
Next there are pictures of the various types of IWBs and links to their company sites. this is helpful if you are looking for features and what companies have to offer.
Another linked section has a list of IWB tutorials and templates. I liked the link Engaging Learners the SMARTboard Way, under the heading Elementary, Simple Machines. I could of used this a couple weeks ago with our science unit. Might still use it as a review.
Interactive Websites is the next heading. This is headed as Resource Materials and Technology for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Some of these sites have free activities and games and some have subscriptions. There are many!!
Lastly, there is a section of Software to Download. There are several Jeopardy type games in this section.
I hope that some of you enjoy this site and I will hopefully be able to use some of this information as I search for ways to make my SMARTboard more interactive and useful in my classroom.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful website. I checked it out and already found several things I can use in my classroom. Maybe I'm going to get more out of this blogging thing than I thought :)